Tuesday, 22 March 2016

FAMILY FRIENDLY MEAL PLAN #1

I admit it. I'm a serial planner. I struggle to focus day to day without some sort of plan and if someone even thinks about making a last minute change I go into full blown meltdown. I also love getting as much as I possibly can for my money. I am far from a brand snob (tesco value beans anyone?) and have no qualms with buying ugly veg that no one else wants simply because it's a bit wonky. 

With this in mind, you can probably understand why ordering my weekly shop and creating our meal plan is one of my favourite things to do. 


We haven't even started weaning Freya yet but I thought I'd share our meal plan anyway as it's pretty family friendly. (Lewis is such a fussy eater that I have to choose fairly simple meals). 

We tend to spend around £40 a week on our weekly shop including nappies and wipes, although probably once a month it will reach £50 when I top up on cleaning products and washing detergent/fabric softener. I also spend £8.50 a week on a tub of formula for Freya, although we don't order that in our Tesco shop (don't ask why, I don't really know myself to be honest). 

We don't eat at home on Friday's and Saturday's so there's only five main meals included in our plan. The week also starts on a Wednesday as that's the day we get our shopping delivered on. I will link to the recipes where we are planning on following one, but I usually chop and change ingredients depending on whether Lewis will eat them or not. 

WEDNESDAY 


The only change I am making to this recipe is using breaded chicken instead of plain chicken breast. 

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

Not at home. 

SATURDAY 

Not at home. 

SUNDAY


I'll be serving this with tortilla chips on the side along with some sour cream and mild tomato salsa. 

MONDAY

Frozen Pizza & Onion Rings 

We always have one cheap and cheerful freezer meal a week, don't shoot me. 

TUESDAY 


I will more than likely be serving this with the leftover tortilla chips from Sunday's meal (if I somehow manage not to scoff them by then), and will be using a ready made fajita spice mix rather than adding the spices myself. 

Hopefully this post has given you some meal plan inspiration. 

Thanks for reading, 

Grace x