Monday 1 January 2018

MY (KIND OF) NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

I know, I know. I'm rubbish at writing here on a regular basis. We've just been soooo busy over the festive period (has anyone else felt like this has been the longest Christmas week EVER, by the way?) and I never want my blog to become something forced and unnatural. I love writing and I especially love sharing things on here but if the spark ain't there, it ain't there. 

Anyway, usually at this time of year I would be dicking about on Facebook or Instagram writing about how this year is gonna be the year I change fifty million things about myself and become a completely different person before giving up on the 3rd of January and feeling like crap for the next 6 months. But not this year. Don't get me wrong, I have decided on some resolutions for 2018, but not the whole 'new year, new me' kind. Just a few things to try and make my 2018 a bit nicer. 

1. Make the beds every morning. I am APPALLING at making the beds in our house. Like, seriously. It's horrific. Sometimes they only get made half an hour before Freya's bed time when Lewis comes in from work and does them for me. 

2. Give Slimming World a really good try. I've tried slimming world a fair few times before and although it's worked, I've never been in the right mindset to carry it on long term. So this year I really want to give myself that chance to better my health and see how far I can take it. 

3. Write everyone's birthdays down in a diary and send birthday cards ON TIME. I am notorious for sending birthday cards days late and pretending they must have been held up in the post somewhere but no more! I am an adult now and I must start adulting...

4. Do something nice for myself once a week. Even if that's just have a bath or read a chapter of my book or put some makeup on. Just something to remind myself that I am 'me' as well as 'Freya's mummy'. 

5. Make more of an effort to keep my nails looking nice. I've picked at my nails and the skin around them for as long as I can remember and I'm a bit fed up of it to be honest. I just want to have nice, lady like hands from now on please!

No comments:

Post a Comment