Monday 7 March 2016

FREYA AT 3 MONTHS

Dear Freya,


I really wanted to do these updates monthly. I know I say things like that a lot but you take up a lot of my time and I don't really have any to spare these days, so I'm sorry to have missed month one and two but I hope month three makes up for it.

Coincidentally, you turned three months old three days ago today and I still can't wrap my head around it. When people tell you that time flies with a new born they really aren't kidding.
You've gone from a tiny, sleeping bundle of joy to a mini human with your own little personality. You are full of smiles for absolutely everyone, stranger or not, and you are so close to doing your first proper giggle. You regularly make noises when you find something funny, and they're usually accompanied by one of those big gummy grins, but you haven't quite mastered the art of the belly laugh just yet.

Our lives have changed so much in these last three months, Freya, and all because of you. Yes, your daddy and I are extremely sleep deprived (something that has only hit me in the last few weeks, I must have been running on new mummy adrenaline juice beforehand) and yes, I seriously struggle to find time to clean and cook and we spend more time getting ready to leave the house than we actually spend out. But despite all of this, we are so blissfully happy. You bring so much joy to our lives that I struggle to understand it sometimes. How can someone so small and delicate, who I've only known for three short months, fill me with so much pride? So much comfort and contentment? I don't know the answer, to be honest with you Freya. I just know I love you with all my heart, even when you wake up five times a night just to play, or when you decide you haven't quite finished pooing halfway through a nappy change.

You must weigh over 14lbs by now, we last had you weighed at 12 weeks and 5 days at your second lot of vaccinations and you were 13lb 14oz. You are still following your growth line nicely and are sitting on the 75th percentile for your weight. Last time you were measured ( a good five weeks ago, sorry pal) you were on the 98th percentile for your head circumference (you get that from your dad) and the 95th percentile for your height (you also get that from your dad, a tall person I am not). You have been wearing size 3-6 months for a good few weeks now and I don't think you'll get a full three months out of it. You are so long that you practically fill your sleepsuits length wise already!

You started teething at around eight weeks, you eager beaver. That pesky first tooth STILL hasn't come through but it definitely gives you grief every few days. Calpol, Anbesol Liquid and super thick dribble bibs have been our best friends, something I'm sure you'll understand when you have your own children one day. You love sucking and chewing on your hands and can soak through a sleeve in mere seconds. Dribbling is a bit of a pain if I'm being truthful, the constant outfit changes and extra washing does my head in, but seeing you grinning at me with a chin full of dribble, totally oblivious to the extra work you're adding to my load is a look I can never ignore. It really is one of the cutest things I think I've ever seen.

You love bath time like nothing else in your life. You worry me a little bit though sausage. You like your baths to be warm, probably bordering on hot. I would be pretty comfortable getting into one of your baths, in fact we share baths on a regular basis, but you scream if your bath is even close to luke-warm so I just have to be super careful and make sure I don't make it too hot. Your skin is never red when I take you out and I'm 100% sure you would let me know if you were in pain, so for now we're just going with the flow and giving you warm baths.

You have slept through the night once in your whole life. I think I must have jinxed us when I bragged to people that at 7 weeks old you had slept from 11-5. Now you go down at around 10.30 and then wake for feeds at roughly 3am and 5am. Speaking of feeds, you now take 5oz every 3-4 hours, although today you went four and a half hours which is the longest you've ever gone so you go girl!

I've mentioned in a previous post how many nicknames you have, but recently I've stopped using all of them and started calling you 'sausage'. I don't know where it came from or even when I started calling you by it but I like it and it's stuck. I am the only person who calls you Sausage, though. Most people are still sticking with Freya Doodle Dandy or Freya Wheeze, courtesy of your cousin, Tom.

I think that's it for this month, Munchkin. Oooh, that's another name I call you. Again, I don't know how or when but there we go. I'll try my hardest to get another update on for four months, but if when you're reading this there's a huge gap in updates, don't hate me. I tried my best.

All my love,

Mummy x

No comments:

Post a Comment