Wednesday 29 June 2016

LEWIS

Dear Lewis,

I want to start this post by saying a huge Happy Birthday! I don't know how well my plans will have materialised at the time of me writing this (sorry if it's all gone to pot...) but I hope you're having a lovely day and I've managed to keep this post, as well as you're presents, a secret. You're probably wondering why there's a post dedicated to you but the truth is, ever since your first Father's Day a couple of weeks ago, I've been desperate to write something all about you.
I suppose the main gist of what I want to get across in this post is how much I love you. I know I'm not the best at expressing my emotions and I know that when I go from 0-100 in less than ten seconds I tend to take it out on you, but I really do love the bones of you. You drive me absolutely crazy and your sense of humour is as far from appropriate as humanly possible but you wouldn't be you if you didn't have it and we wouldn't be us if you didn't do my head in a good 70% of the time.
I know you're not one for huge showers of emotion so I'm going to try and keep this short and somewhat sweet, and it probably will be way too lovey dovey and public for you but I'm going to do it anyway.
I once read a quote from Wuthering Heights that goes: 'He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same' and I can't think of a better way to describe us. We're such different people on the outside, and really, we don't have a huge amount in common but somehow, we work. And we work really well. We're literally chalk and cheese in regards to our sense of humour, hobbies, even our favourite foods, but I can't think of anyone I would rather spend my life with.
I wish I could get the words together to properly describe just how much I love you. I know that I love you more today than I did yesterday, and I know that watching you with our daughter has made me love you so much more than I ever thought possible. Three and a half years has gone so quickly and I really do love everything about you. And I love you for being you. For being strong, ambitious and compassionate. For not giving a sh*t and doing what you want because you believe in it, regardless of what other people think. I love you for backing me up when you can see I'm getting wound up with something, and I love you for giving our daughter the best you possibly can. You really do work so hard for Freya and I and I couldn't be more thankful.
I hope I've managed to pull off a good birthday for you, and I hope you like your present. And I also hope this post isn't too embarrassing for you. 
I love you to the moon and back. 

All my love, 

Grace x

(And Freya, I suppose). 



No comments:

Post a Comment